Irish quotes and Irish sayings are very popular and widely used. The Irish have a very distinct culture and a lot of people are creating sayings and proverbs about their way of life. Most Irish sayings are geared towards the Irish’s love for alcohol. Sometimes they can be humorous and some, something that you can gain wisdom from. Here are some Irish quotes for your entertainment:
List Of Irish Sayings
- Let everyday be an alcoholiday.
- If being thirsty is a shameless condition- a pint is a shameful cure.
- An Irish enters manhood by being stuck in a pint and in a woman.
- The light comes in the roof of a drunken man the fastest.
- “One for the road”. If you still know which road to take.
- Sweet truth comes out when the spirit of alcohol takes in.
- It’s always a whole new world after a night of a serious drinking session.
- The first few drops may be hard to take, but the next ones would be smooth sailing.
- Let your tongue and your mind savor your drink.
- Set time for your pint. Set time for women.
- Don’t let alcohol overcome your thoughts.
- The Scotch invented the whisky to make the Irish men poor.
- Drinking the first time may make you topsy-turvy. Practice makes perfect.
- If an Irish man would choose between a woman and a pint- he would choose the latter.
- All great things tend to end but you can always get more pints.
- Blood is thicker than water and alcohol always taste good no matter how thick or thin it is.
- Arguing and fighting is the language of the Irish.
- Put a gold chain on a pig, and it is still a pig.
- A nation’s greatest obstacle is the narrow minds of its people.
- A lesson that a person learned through tragedy is one that he would never forget.
- If only war is a fight of words, Irish would win every time.
- It is a pride to have fought and lost than to never take the sword at all.
- Fortune and good luck favors the brave.
- The person who gossips with you would gossip about you.
- Cheerfulness and positive thinking are signs of a great mind.
- It is okay to be coward for a day than to be dead all the days of your life.
- A good laugh, a long sleep and a few drinks would get you through your everyday life.